There is no arguing it Kuala Lumpur, KL is one of my favourite places on Earth.
It divides so many yet I don’t know why. It has it all, architecture, history, shopping, incredible food and a hidden underground night scene that has to be seen to be believed. So if you’ve been and not come back raving, then i’m sorry, you just didn’t know where to go and if you haven’t yet been, add it to the top of your list.
A couple of the must do’s are:
- The Petronas Towers – The headquarters of the oil and gas company Petronas but more than that, they have become symbol of contemporary KL and are a true treasure to the locals.
- Thean Hou Temple – One of the most visually appealing temples in Malaysia with great views from its upper decks. It is dedicated to the heavenly mother, Thean Hou.
- Islamic Arts Museum – Home ot one of the best Islamic collections of decorative arts in the world including carpets, jewellry, textiles and calligraphy inscribed pottery.
- Shopping, The Pavilion – This sets the gold standard in KL’s shopping scene, complete with high end brands and luxury labels plus some great local retail options.
- The Food – get it on the street, a stroll through China town with its plastic deck chairs and tables, mobile kitchens are setup on every corner and the food is exceptional serving a mix of Chinese and Malay.
Share more things we love about KL below!